Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Happiest Place on Earth







One night in Orlando I was able to sneak away from my hotel and visit Magic Kingdom. It had been over thirteen years since I had been to Disney World. Everything was exactly as I had remembered.

I was pretty determined to make it to Disney. None of my co-workers showed much interest in joining me so I went alone. To be honest, it was nice to have time to take pictures and do what I wanted. I even asked a stranger to take my solo shot in front of the castle. Although it was awkward, I am really happy with how it turned out. I am definitely going to have to work on becoming more comfortable in front of the camera and especially in public places.

I have so many amazing memories with my family from Disney World. We used to go almost every November when I was younger. After driving about eighteen hours in the black Reliant K station wagon (and enduring much car sickness), we were always so excited to be back in the park. Looking back, I realize how lucky I was to have these family vacations. On this last visit, I sent a message to my sister suggesting we make Disney a family ritual when we have children. She agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment