Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Baked Potato Pizza


So my lovely roommate, Nikki, and I had this novel idea of making baked potato pizza. No one has ever thought of this before, right? Wrong. I did a quick Google search only to find many recipes for the same idea. But I am going to ignore those recipes.  So here are photos of the first-ever baked potato pizza!

First we shredded and sauteed about 2 potatoes and a white onion.

Nikki taught me how to roll out and shape the dough (which was purchased at Whole Foods), making sure to get rid of most air bubbles. We own a pizza stone which is great for making tastey crust.

We cooked the potato and onion mix for about ten minutes to make it crispy. Shredded Mexican blend cheese was spread on top.

Pre-baked bacon crumbles were then sprinkled on top.

For a finishing touch, we added chives. Isn't it beautiful looking? This was so delicious! Next time I would add a dollop of sour cream on top, however we did not have any for use. But I highly recommend this idea. Remember folks, you heard about baked potato pizza here first!

1 comment:

  1. Damn girl looks delish!

    http://craftanista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete