Thursday, August 4, 2011

Lead Paint Porches




Dress from Modcloth. Shoes from Anthropologie.

I have to admit, it feels a little awkward to have even a good friend take a series of photos of you. I never know what poses to do or where to look. But last weekend, Lyndsay, Liz, and I headed down to Sandy Hook for some pictures.

We liked the idea of shooting each other dressed up in an old, decaying (possibly dangerous?) setting. Old vs. New. We shot these photos right before sunset. At first I was getting annoyed at the shadows created by the porch columns. But after looking at photos like the second one above, I find the different lighting very interesting. 

I will share more from the shoot next week. I might even show you some of my rejected outtakes because they are so ridiculously bad/funny. I wish we could do this all day, every day.

Oh and note to self: when sitting on steps in a dress, try to be more ladylike. It will avoid the cropping process and save you more time later.

No comments:

Post a Comment