Thursday, September 29, 2011

Puppy Love


Sometimes I just want to play with a puppy. This weekend, we went to the local puppy store and played with some cuties. People were outside protesting puppy mills and holding signs with photos of very sad dogs. I have never purchased a dog from a store. My family has had three yellow labs in my lifetime and all came from breeders. I also have friends who have adopted adorable furry friends who could not be happier!

I am not at the stage in my life where I could care for a dog the way it deserves. I still would like to travel more and not always to dog-friendly destinations. Being away from home (and Scout) does make me miss having a dog to greet me at the door. Maybe in a few years when I am feeling more settled, I will be able to get a puppy. For now, the puppy store will be the closest I will get to having one of my own.

(Speaking of Scout...)

1 comment:

  1. That is the cutest thing! I wish my one bedroom apt could fit more animals in it.. having a dog and a cat seems to be pushing it :(

    ReplyDelete