Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Beauty and the Beach

I am happy to report I have registered and will be running my first race in less than one month. The race is called Beauty and the Beach and is held in Pier Village in Long Branch. I entered with my college roommate and some other good friends. Although I am nervous about the five miles, I know that we will be able to complete it.


Running in a strange way makes me very happy. It makes me feel good about my body and I feel accomplished. Recently, I have been toying with the idea of trying to train for a half marathon. Although a lot shorter, I think this experience will give me a good idea of the atmosphere and feel of a race. Plus, I like that this particular one is for women only.

This weekend was our first trial run for it. I have to say, it was pretty successful! We do have a lot more work to do though. More training to follow!

Above is the route for the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment