Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Grand Canyon State

Do you know how long it has been since I have visited Arizona? This long:


For reference, my little brother is now six feet tall and my father's beard is solid gray (wish I still had that sweet jacket though).

This weekend Antonio and I are headed out to Scottsdale, AZ for his best friend's baby shower. I packed my carry-on last night and am ready for the warm weather. I am excited to see where his friend lives and what there is to do around the city. Antiono has visited numerous times so he knows of a lot of great things there. Plus, my aunt and uncle gave me a great book for Christmas that is a food guide to the city. Bring on the Cacti and tacos!

That being said, I really love to travel. So much. I told my friend Lyndsay the other day I wish I could win the lottery and could afford to go everywhere I've always wanted. There are so many interesting and beautiful things to be seen in this country. I really thank my parents for this knack for travelling. As a child, they always made vacations an important part of our lives. I talked to my mother recently about it and she said this was all my father's doing. He wanted us to grow up going places and seeing things. My siblings and I share this common interest - a product of our upbringing.

As an adult, I can't say how much I appreciate that Antonio loves to travel as well. Without him, I would not be doing half of these amazing things. We both get very excited when planning trips, though we seem to research very different things. I can always count on him to know of a great brewery or baseball stadium to visit (like this one or this one). These things have become exciting and interesting to me as well.

Wish us safe travels and I will be sure to take plenty of photos to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment