Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Kalamata Olive Hummus


I don't think I tried hummus until high school. I absolutely love it now and successfully made my own over the weekend. I found this recipe and made some modifications to it. I had to add some olives since I am an olive fanatic and they were such a yummy touch. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 1 16 oz can of chickpeas
  • 1/4 cup liquid from chickpeas can
  • 4 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 table spoons olive oil
  • 10 pitted Kalamata olives
  • 2 tablespoons Kalamata olive juice
  • 1 tablespoon chives
Drain can of chickpeas and put the juice aside to use for later. Add chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, salt, olive oil, olives, and olive juice in food processor. Add juice from can and process for 3 minutes or until you have reached a creamy consistency. 


Create a small "pond" in the center of the hummus and fill with small amount of olive oil. Garnish with chives and serve with pita bread, carrots, broccoli, etc.

1 comment:

  1. That looks so delicious! I had hummus today but yours sounds amazing! Olive (perfect), Kalamata are my favourite olives! Will defiantly have to try this recipe!

    Girl about Town XxX

    ReplyDelete