Monday, January 16, 2012

Livin' on a Spare

Let me preface this by saying I am not a good bowler. In fact, I am usually hoping to break 100. But when the opportunity came to join an intramural bowling team through work, the idea seemed fun. We have a team of ten, but we rotate each week so only four players are bowling each game. Before registering, we needed to come up with a team name and a co-worker suggested "Livin' on a Spare" (though I am fairly certain he googled popular bowling team names).

Immediately, I began to think of what our logo might look like. What objects do you think of when you think of bowling? Pins, shoes, bowling balls. And then I started putting together those objects and realized a pin and ball together could look like the "P". I was worried this wouldn't read very well but I think it definitely does.


Not far off from my original sketch, here is our official logo:


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment